Launch Your Own Green Search Below!

Custom Search

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gary responds to the mention of him in my new blog

(Notice the picture to the left from my year in Budenheim, Germany. I call it "The Greenhouse effect" hehe)

Glen,

Nature is a self-correcting system and we are part of that system. If nature has to deal with the exponential population growth you point out, it is not going to do so with environmental catastrophe. Rather, it is going to be the dogmatic mass-movement ideologies that form around contrived ideas like anthropogenic global warming.

Considering the effectiveness such methods have had, don't you think that would be alot easier than getting people to emit enough carbon to melt the ice caps?

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html

There is nothing wrong, at all, with one privately trying to be a bit more "green", or coming up with more efficient technologies. There are so many rational discussions to be had regarding such matters, that confusing the matter with the scare-tactic political demands of global warming alarmists is completely unnecessary, distracting and counter-productive.

http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/06/your_2007_carbon_footprint.html

Greenpeace founder Patrick Moore on why he left Greenpeace:

http://www.greenspirit.com/key_issues/the_log.cfm?booknum=12&page=3

I could write a book here. I'm trying to keep this short.

(BTW, I'm not, per se, a Bob Barr supporter so much as I am a supporter of the Libertarian Party. The Libertarians could have picked any one of many people to be the candidate and I would probably vote for him/her. So, if you could maybe clarify that a bit on your blog, I'd appreciate it.)

Hope all are Well,

Gary

Gary,

Could I post your response from this last e-mail as well as the links you provided in it on my blog? Because I agree with you on Nature being a self-correcting system and us being a part of it but I also believe history has proven that we have had some effect on that system and the decisions and behaviors we engage in effect that system and it's course. I also think that technological advances alone won't help solve some of the challenges we are facing and will be facing as time marches on. The point of my blog is to advance such discussion and maybe give people a few ideas of what they can do to make it a little easier on the system. I'm not talking about sounding alarms but simply making people aware of the choices they have and how those choices effect them and others. I liken the green economy movement to a buffet like everything else in the world you take the ideas and actions you believe in and you leave the rest. Because these small actions taken by many can also have an exponential impact. AND AS YOU ALL SEE I POSTED HIS COMMENTS…MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT. Keep thinking GREEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis